Coco coir/peat is the 'coir fiber pith' or 'coir dust' produced as a bi-product when coconut husks are processed for the extraction of the long fibers from the husk. Coco coir/peat is the binding material that comes from the fiber fraction of the coconut husk. A very special grade of coir dust is washed, screened and graded before being processed into various Coco coir/peat products for horticultural and agricultural applications. Coco coir/peat is a multi-purpose soil conditioner and growing medium. It is consistent and uniform in texture. It is a completely homogeneous material composed of millions of capillary micro-sponges that absorb and hold up to eight times of its own weight in water. The natural pH of 5.7 to 6.5, assures that coir will hold and release nutrients in solution over extended periods without re-watering.
Coco Peat is used as a soil additive. Due to low levels of nutrients in its composition, coco peat is usually not the sole component in the medium used to grow plants. When plants are grown exclusively in coco peat, it is important to add nutrients according to the specific plants' needs. Coco peat from Sanraa Global contains several macro- and micro-plant nutrients, including substantial quantities of potassium. This extra potassium can interfere with magnesium availability.
- A single kilogram of coco peat will expand to 15 litres of moist coco peat
- As a substitute for peat, because it is free of bacteria and most fungal spores, and is sustainably produced without the environmental damage caused by peat mining
- Mixed with sand, compost and fertilizer to make good quality potting soil. Coco peat generally has an acidity in the range of pH - 5.5 to 6.5. It is a little on the acidic side for some plants, but many popular plants can tolerate this pH range
- As substrate for growing mushrooms, which thrive on the cellulose. Coco peat has high cellulose and lignin content
- High moisture retention capacity
- Light & aerated structure
- Free from weeds, disease bearing germs & harmful chemical substances
- No harm to the environment
- Organic in nature
- i. 650gram briquettes.
- ii. 5kg blocks
- iii. Single planter grow bags
- iv. Three planter grow bags
- v. composted coir pith.